Save the date for Inter-CAP 2024
We hope that you will be able join us in Barcelona, Spain for Inter-CAP 27-30 May, 2024.
Make sure to register your interest for the upcoming Inter-CAP 2024, in the menu above, in order to receive information and updates regarding the conference. The online registration will open in January 2024.
New this year!
This year, InterCAP is collaborating with the Child Abuse Taskforce of the European Society of Paediatric Radiology, bringing together a wide range of expertise to the discussion table. Together, we aim to provide a comprehensive learning experience that will enhance your understanding and skills in the field of child abuse and neglect.
On 30 May, InterCAP and ESPR will present a joint program. This day will be a unique opportunity to engage with paediatric radiologists and explore the intersection of imaging and clinical management in child abuse cases. It’s an occasion to connect with colleagues from diverse disciplines, share insights, and cultivate valuable professional relationships.
We encourage all paediatric healthcare providers interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in recognizing and responding to child abuse to attend. The shared expertise of InterCAP and ESPR will offer a well-rounded educational experience in a collaborative environment.
In addition to the educational components, the course offers a joint social activity, a dinner, that promises to be both enjoyable and a chance for further informal exchanges.
So, if you are interested in an information-packed curriculum designed for up-close interactions with an outstanding teaching faculty and with opportunities for networking across borders and across the continuum of experiences, InterCAP 2024 is for you.
InterCAP is designed for all health professionals who provide health care to children and adolescents.
The four-day course is designed to cover broad content related to child abuse and neglect identification, management and prevention. The teaching will be delivered by international leaders in the field, and will include didactic talks, dialog, and small group discussions.
Why should you attend Inter-CAP? The goals of this medical education activity are to:
- Provide a comprehensive update in child abuse paediatrics for both office-based clinicians and subspecialists.
- Enhance clinicians’ abilities to recognise and manage child abuse and neglect challenges across the child and adolescent age spectrum.
- Improve learners’ understanding of the scientific basis for the diagnosis and management of child abuse.
- Engage in meaningful interaction with colleagues from across the world who work in a variety of clinical settings, and an internationally renowned faculty of experts.
- Enhance health care providers’ ability to manage complex or difficult cases.
- Inform clinicians on the state-of-the art child maltreatment prevention strategies.
- Learn from practitioners and community advocates about best-practice examples of the multidisciplinary and multi-agency collaboration on addressing child abuse and neglect.
- Encourage health care providers to embrace the ethical and professional practice of child abuse paediatrics.
- Practice effective court testimony and public advocacy
You should attend Inter-CAP if you are a clinician who cares for children.
Previous courses have attracted delegates from over 17 countries across four continents and from the following specialties:
- Community or general paediatrics
- Child abuse paediatrics
- Forensic physician
- Family medicine
- Child psychiatry
- Emergency medicine
- Child psychiatry
- Hospitalist medicine
- Critical care medicine
- Clinical nurse specialist practice