Welcome to NORDIWA 2021
28 September - 1 October | Digital conference & exhibition
We look forward to welcoming all of you to the online format of the Nordic Wastewater Conference 2021. The interest among practitioners, experts and researchers to present and share their latest results, knowledge and experiences, has this pandemic year just been overwhelming. Among all the abstracts we accepted 200 exciting presentations and five workshops. The eagerness to share with others has never been so obvious.
The Nordic Wastewater Conference is now being arranged for the seventeenth time. While longing to meet physically again - we hope to maintain NORDIWA 2021 as a venue for exchanging practical knowledge and the latest information, where participants have the opportunity to network and learn from each other’s experiences and practices.
Good news for those who do not have enough split vision to watch five parallel tracks simultaneously - all presentations will be recorded and available to also watch during October and November for participants at NORDIWA 2021.
On behalf of the Programme Committee
Anna Norström, Magnus Bäckström and Anders Finnson
- Opening of the conference and plenary session with keynote speakers, who will illustrate challenges and new development in the water sector.
- Conference sessions with full presentations (15 minutes) and speed talks (5 minutes) highlighting key findings of projects and results. Possibilities for a broad digital interactivity between presenters, participants and moderators
- All presentations will be recorded and being available during October
and November for all the participants at NORDIWA 2021.
- Workshops facilitate knowledge sharing and discussion between the presenters and the participants of the conference.
- Every morning starts with 30 minutes summary of the highlights from the previous day.
- A special session will be organised for Young Water Professionals in the Nordic region.
Main Topics at NORDIWA 2021
- Climate challenges, mitigation and adaptation
- Sewer systems, management, models and integrated approaches
- Sustainable wastewater treatment and challenge of micropollutants
- Circular economy, resources and reuse
- Sustainable management and communication
For more information please click on Programme in the menu above.
The workshops facilitate knowledge sharing and discussion between the presenters and the participants of the conference.
- Power of positivity - the road towards a Nordic carbon and energy positive future
- The ”not so clear” crystal ball - the water resource Recovery Facility of the future must be adaptable
- Paradigm shift within stormwater and cloudburst management
- On-site and fast DNA-analyses of microbial communities for surveillance and control
- Young Water Professionals – Knowledge transfer in the Nordic Water Sector
- From online NORDIWA 2021 to IWA Copenhagen 2022